Refine Your "Six Pack" with this Highly-Configurable Analog Gauge Simulation
GAPanel is a high-fidelity analog gauge instrument panel simulation that integrates with Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D™ or Microsoft® Flight Simulator X.
GAPanel provides the instrument panel simulation, and Prepar3D or FSX provides the aircraft and environmental simulation.
GAPanel works with the default aircraft in Prepar3D or FSX, or with any add-on GA aircraft or gas turbine helicopter model that you’ve installed that uses standard Prepar3D or FSX variables (most add-on aircraft do this for the instruments included with GAPanel).
It runs outside of the flight simulation software in its own window, and can be run on the same computer as the flight simulation, or on a separate networked machine for improved performance.
GAPanel uses OpenGL (the most widely used and supported graphics application programming interface) to interact with your PC's graphics processing unit (GPU). The result is hardware-accelerated rendering that lets the simulated gauges operate smoothly. The instruments move just as realistically as they look, with the fluid movement and resolution you need to hand-fly on instruments.
See for yourself in this short demo video:
GAPanel includes these GA aircraft instruments:
- General: Digital Clock, Whiskey Compass, Airplane Annunciator
- Flight Instruments: Airspeed-C172, Airspeed-Universal, Attitude Indicator, ADI, Altimeter, Turn Coordinator, Directional Gyro, HSI, VSI
- Engine Instruments: Fuel Gauge, EGT/Fuel Flow, Vacuum/Amps, Engine Oil, Tachometer-single, Tachometer-twin, Manifold Pressure-twin
- Controls: Flaps Control, Fuel Selector, Trim Control, Light Switch, Gear Switch, Switch Rack, Autopilot
- Avionics: COM/NAV1 Radio, COM/NAV2 Radio, VOR1, VOR2, ADF, DME, Transponder, Marker Lights
GAPanel also includes these turbine helicopter instruments:
- General: Annunciator, Test Switch
- Flight Instruments: Airspeed, Turn Coordinator, VSI
- Engine Instruments: Oil, Fuel, Load Pcl/Fuel Pressure, Torque, Transmission, Gas Producer, Power Turbine, Turbine Temperature
Five of the instruments are configurable (so that you can enter the exact values used for annunciations and colored arcs):
- GA aircraft annunciator: Min Volts, Min Vac, Min Fuel, Min Oil Pressure
- Helicopter annunciator: Min Transmission Pressure, Max Transmission Temperature, Min Fuel, Min Rotor RPM
- Universal airspeed gauge: VS0, Vs, Vfe, Vno, Vne, Vmca, Vyse
- Tachometer (single engine): Min RPM, Max RPM
- Tachometer (twin engine): Min RPM, Max RPM
An optional Stack Zoom switch can also be included that displays the configured avionics stack as a pop-up.
GAPanel comes with two prearranged instrument panels: one for a fixed wing general aviation aircraft, and one for a gas turbine helicopter. While these panels make it easy to get started, you can easily modify them (or create your own layout from scratch). Each panel layout you create can be saved and recalled for later use, and there's no limit to the number of panel layouts you can create and use.
Customizing a panel is a simple four-step process:
- Start with one of the default background images provided, or create your own BMP file. The background image provides the graphics for the instrument panel surrounding the instruments, and you can also use it as a template for positioning and sizing the instruments.
- Enable or disable the instruments you want to display on your panel.
- Use the mouse to resize and precisely position the instruments exactly where you want them.
- Save your new panel layout.